In the early hours of this morning Sky HD customers will have woken up to an all new Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).
The all new look is exclusively for Sky HD customers, and over the next few months the update will be rolled out to all set top boxes.
The new look offers users new features to make it even easier to find, watch and record the programmes they enjoy across our wide range of content, including 32 HD channels.
Some of the changes included:
- New Mini TV means you can now browse and watch TV at the same time. So you’ll never have to miss a minute of your favourite show again.
- Improved Now Next and Later banner now lets you read a programme synopsis for any programme across any channel up to 12 hours ahead without interrupting your viewing.
- Improved record and series link makes it even easier for you to record and series link straight from the TV listings without having to go back to your Planner.
- New Series Stack feature neatly files all the episodes of the same series in one place within your Planner, by grouping them under the series name. Making it even easier to find and manage your recordings.
- Improved Search feature makes it even easier to discover more of the programmes you love
- New coloured Shortcut Buttons have also been added for quicker and even easier navigation.
Sky HD customers will start receiving the update either as of this morning or later in the year. The update is being rolled out to customers with Thomson boxes with version number 4E300E first, then 4E3004 boxes, and other brands will follow suite (look on the back of the box to see which brand you have).
This now means the current EPG software version for HD users is sky+8.3.2.
Sky+HD users can find a guide for a manual upgrade here: How to troubleshoot a Sky HD Box (reset and upgrade).
Those looking for how to upgrade a regular Sky or Sky+ box should be looking here: How to Troubleshoot a Sky+ box & Upgrade the Firmware